We had another brilliant Wellesley Idol in 2019!
Wellesley Idol is a youth talent competition which was launched by the Wellesley ABC Festival in 2005. Each year, we invite young singers who live or attend school in Wellesley township and the surrounding townships (Wilmot, Woolwhich and Perth East) to participate in a singing competition with cash prizes, mentoring by a fantastic group of professionals, and opportunities to sing for an audience.
Here is a recap of the 2019 competition
- Sunday, May 26th, 2019 – we held open tryouts in Wellesley and heard 20 singers perform. Our judge/mentor panel gave helpful tips and selected six singers to advance to the semi-final round.
- August, 2019 – we gave private mentoring to the semi-finalists, to help them prepare for their semi-final performance
- Tuesday, September 10th – our semi-finalists performed at the Wellesley North Easthope Fall Fair. Three were selected to advance to the final round.
- Saturday, September 28th – our three finalists entertained the crowd at the Wellesley ABC Festival, joined by 2018 Idol Winner Rachel Regier
- Our judge/mentors had a touch decision, but did their job and crowned Hadley Mustakas as our 2019 Idol Winner. Jordan Vogt was first runner-up and was also voted Fan Favourite by the audience at the Fall Fair. Jorja Smith was second runner-up.
To Register for Wellesley Idol 2020
In the Spring of 2020, we will announce the opening of registrations for Wellesley Idol 2020. Check back near the beginning of Spring.